Happy Eid! To celebrate our big Eid here’s a little something sweet to make for Eid lunch or dinner. Carrot halwa is one of my favourites, it’s best served warm and perfect for winter. It’s one of the easiest desserts to make and you don’t need much ingredients.
You can also serve the halwa with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too. It’s delicious and rich with hints of cardamom. Have a lovely Eid and stay safe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 3 cups (215g) grated carrot
- 1 cup full cream milk (whole milk)
- 1/3 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/3 cup ground cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon slivered pistachios, optional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, optional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals, optional for garnish
- Heat the milk in heavy based pot, and when the milk is warmed add the grated carrots.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring until the milk is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and cardamom, cook stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Add the ground cashews and ghee and cook for a few more minutes.
- Take off heat, scoop into serving dishes and decorate with pistachios, almond and rose petals.
- Serve warm.
If you make this recipe please share it on Instagram by tagging @nattulicious #nattulicious Please leave a comment too, if you like the recipe. I’d love to hear from you.