I love sweet potatoes, be it steamed, baked or fried like this golden sweet potato fritters. They are perfect for brunch, lunch or even for a light dinner. They are so crispy and delicious. Enjoy it with your favourite dip and serve with baby spinach leaves or a green salad.
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1-2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- store- bought hummus or beetroot dip to serve
- baby spinach or salad leaves to serve
- In a bowl combine the grated sweet potato, egg, cooked rice, rice flour, garlic powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- Heat oil in a small frypan.
- Shape about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into ovals, squeezing the excess moisture.
- Carefully drop the the fritters in the oil, in batches and deep fry, turning them with tongs or slotted spoon until they are cooked through or until browned.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towel.
- Serve with hummus or beetroot dip.
- Enjoy with a salad.
If you make the recipe, please share it by tagging @nattullicious on Instagram. Please leave a comment too if you like the recipe, I’d love to hear from you.