Happy New Year friends! Welcome to a New Year of cooking, creating and sharing.
Teatime is my favourite time of the day. When in Maldives I look forward to catching up with friends and family for teatime. Teatime is filled with lots of spicy snacks or short eats and a little something sweet is a must for me always. I have a sweet tooth so I need to satisfy it.
This rosy condensed milk cake is quick and easy to make and one of my favourites to make for tea time. The addition of rose syrup or sherbet gives a beautiful colour and you will get hints of rose syrup flavour as well. So go on give this recipe a try and make it for your next tea time.
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 large eggs or (5 small eggs)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon melted butter
- 3 tbsp rose syrup or Sherbet syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃ fan.
- Lightly grease a 20cm square or round pan and line with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a medium sized bowl with a fork or a whisk.
- Add the condensed milk and mix until the eggs and milk is combined well.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and rose syrup and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a plate.
- Serve with a cup of tea.
Note: Oven temperatures may differ so do keep that in mind when baking, it’s done when it’s done,
If you make the recipe, please share it by tagging @nattulicious on Instagram. Please leave a comment too if you like the recipe, I’d love to hear from you.