Mango jam is one of my favourite and much loved by family and friends. It’s so simple to make and taste so sweet and delicious with hints of cardamom. It’s like a dose of sunshine in a bottle.
This mango jam can be made with any variety of ripe mangoes. so choose your favourite variety of mango to make jam.
I have tried with Pakistani mangoes now available in Male’ (Maldives). They are big, sweet and perfect for jam. It’s mango season in Australia so Kensington Pride mango is my favourite to use for jams.
So this jam is for all the mango fans out there, go on make some jam and enjoy it with toast, crepes, waffles or my favourite way is to top generously on warm rotis. And of course share it with family and friends, they will surely love it.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: a happy crowd of family and friends
- 1 – 2 large ripe mangoes peeled and diced (approximately 3 cups mango flesh)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 green cardamom pods, lightly bruised
- Heat the sugar and water in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, add the diced mango pieces and the cardamom pods.
- Bring to a boil and cook the mangoes on medium heat.
- Cook the mangoes for about 20 minutes, stirring from time to time or until the mangoes are soft and the jam has thickened.
- Whilst hot, carefully pour the jam into sterilised jars and seal.
- Enjoy with toast, waffles, crepes or rotis.
If you make the recipe, please share it by tagging @nattulicious on Instagram. Please leave a comment too if you like the recipe. I’d love to hear from you.