These rotis are quick and easy to make. Enjoy with my beetroot curry or any curry you like.
- 1 cup spelt flour plus extra flour for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup hot water plus 1 teaspoon extra if needed
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt and oil with a spoon.
- Add the hot water and mix with the spoon.
- Then knead with your hands for about 3-4 minutes and if it seems a bit dry add the remaining 1 teaspoon water and knead again until smooth.
- Preheat a non stick fry pan or tawa (a flat cast iron pan)
- Divide the dough into 7 equal sized smooth balls.
- Flatten one ball slightly and dip in the extra flour, then using a rolling pin and wooden board, roll out as thinly as you can or about 13cm -15cm round.
- Make sure the pan is hot, place the roti on the pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear.
- Turn over and cook until the other side has brown spots.
- Place the roti on a plate lined with paper towel or kitchen paper.
- Finish the rest of the rotis and adjust the heat of the pan slightly if needed
- Cover all the rotis with another piece of kitchen paper and then cover the whole plate with cling film or aluminium foil to keep them soft.
- Serve with my beetroot curry or any curry you like.
If you make the recipe, please share it by tagging #nattulicious on Instagram