These chicken ribs are easy to make. Bake in the oven with the spices until crispy. Enjoy on its own or serve it with fried rice.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 500g chicken spare ribs
- 1/4 onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1x2cm piece of ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vegeta (vegetable stock powder)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and curry leaves in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the mixture to the chicken.
- Add the cumin, salt, vegeta, chilli flakes, chilli powder, lemon juice and oil.
- Smother the chicken pieces in the paste and rub all over until well coated.
- Spread the chicken pieces over a tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp and cooked through, turning over once halfway during the cooking.
- Serve on its own or with fried rice.